My Tips for Buying a Home in Brantford
Buying a home is usually the biggest investment a person will make in their lives. It is often a very emotional journey that may seem overwhelming at first. To assist, I have listed some of the key steps to help guide you along the path to buying the perfect property:
- Firstly, speak with your bank, mortgage broker or finance consultant to discuss your financial position. If required, start the ball rolling to source the best loan to suit your needs.
- Know your budget limit. Take into consideration items such as foreign investor tax, settlement fees, Lawyer fees and land Transfer Tax.
- Prepare a shortlist of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and your accommodation needs, both now and in the future.
- Research sales in your preferred suburbs. My knowledge will be a great help to you.
- Attend open homes in your preferred suburbs. Inspect as many properties as you can in those areas, so you have an understanding of the prices.
- If you are considering making an offer on a property, I will guide you through the process to give you the best chance of securing the property.
- It is wise to arrange for a building inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible major defects. You can arrange this directly with a building inspection company or through your solicitor.
- Following advice on the sale contract, and taking into consideration the building inspection report, you are now in a position to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalized, you will be required to sign the sale contract. Your deposit will continue to be held in a trust account until Completion.
- A week before your Completion date, it is advisable that you conduct a final inspection. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.